Training can help you gain the skills you need for work. Learn about how training can prepare you for a job or help you move up in your current job.
Career exploration will help you research jobs you might like to do.
- O*Net is an interactive website for exploring and searching occupations. Learn about jobs, skills, wages, education, and growth.
- Career Index Plus is a career information system that collects Labor Market Information (LMI) and can help you explore careers.
- Career OneStop is a website that provides easy to understand workforce information to aid job seekers explore, find, and advance in careers.
- CareerOnestop Career Exploration Video Series is a series of career videos to help job seekers better understand job duties in many industries.
Work Based Learning Experiences
Work-Based Learning experiences help you gain knowledge and skills about certain jobs or work settings. You learn by being on the job. There are many types of work-based learning experiences including: volunteering, job shadowing, on-the-job training, and work place tours. Your local VR office can connect you with work based learning opportunities. Find your state VR agency.
Career and Technical Education
Career Technical Education (CTE) is a training program that is academic and technical such as jobs in health care, manufacturing, business, computers, and construction. CTE programs help you train for a specific job. Learn more about CTE programs.
Apprenticeships are work-based learning experiences where apprentices are supervised on-the-job and do job-related education. Apprentices get paid while doing their training and education. Learn more about apprenticeships.
- Disability and Apprenticeship is a collection of resources from WorkforceGPS to provide information about apprenticeships for people with disabilities.
- Partnership on Inclusive Apprenticeship is a website that features resources for individuals with disabilities and businesses to learn about apprenticeship options.
- www.apprenticeship.gov is a one-stop web source to connect career seekers, employers, and education partners with apprenticeship resources. Discover apprenticeships across industries, how programs are started by employers, and how to become an apprentice.
A college degree can help you qualify for jobs, move up in your career, and get paid more money. Learn more about options for college.
- Preparing for College is a federal website that provides tips to consider when thinking about going to college.
- Types of Financial Aid (for funding your education) is a federal website to learn about options to pay for your college education.
- The National Center for College Students with Disabilities (NCCSD) is a website that provides information about disability and higher education.
- Opening Doors to College is a video that shows the college experiences of several college students with intellectual disabilities.
- Going to College: A Resource for Teens with Disabilities is a website for teens who are interested in learning more about going to college. Learn about your strengths, understand campus life, and plan for your college experience.
- Rethinking College Video is a 25-minute ﬁlm produced by Think College. It explores the growing movement to include students with intellectual disabilities in higher education.
- Think College: Student Corner is a website to help students with disabilities learn more about college opportunities and options.
Internships are short-term work-based learning experiences where people get hands-on experience in their field. Internships can be either paid or unpaid. Learn more about internships.
- Understanding Internships is a website that introduces internships and describes their benefits.
- EARN Internship and Apprenticeship Resources is a collection of resources that feature information about internships and apprenticeships for people with disabilities.
- Project Search is an internship program for young people with disabilities and prepares individuals for work through internship experiences.
- AAPD Summer Internship Program is a summer internship program for college students with disabilities. Learn more about the AAPD Summer Internship Program